ELEPHANTS ON WHITBY BEACH

ELEPHANTS ON WHITBY BEACH

Wednesday 6 August 2008

HOW TO MAKE AN ORIGAMI MORRISSEY

STEP ONE: Take a square piece of paper and fold it in half both horizontally, vertically and down both diagonals. It should end up looking like this, a bit like the Union Jack flag that they have at the Olympic Games.



STEP TWO:
Carefully bring all four corners together, and let the folds guide you. You should end up with a neat diamond shape as shown. Flatten it and ensure the creases are good and sharp. Now for the tricky bit...
I
I
I
STEP THREE:
Grasping one of the loose corners, pull it up and out and let the edges come together as shown. Flatten the shape and ensure all the creases are sharp. Turn it over and repeat this manouvre.
I
I
I
STEP FOUR: Take hold of the two pointed ends and draw them out to a 40 degree angle making one backfold in each. Overbend the apex to a third of its length, then turn the piece over. You are now ready to shape the head.
I
Perform the three stage reverse Takeshi fold (invented in the 16th century by the great origami folder Takeshi Kitano), but don't forget the reflexed back half crimp at the centre section, or the quiff will come out lop sided.
I
Next form the microphone by stipple flanging the quarter edged spinule at the tapered left shank and spendle it to the demicrease with a half clinched girdle cleat.
I
Hey Presto! Doesn't he look great? Your Morrissey is now complete and can take pride of place stuck to your fridge with a well chosen magnet.

1 comment:

WhitbyNowSec said...

I have had a go! It took me 3 hours and mine ended up looking more like Elvis! A tad disappointing. I know I know, you warned me about the reflex back half crimp I must have rushed it.
Still, have a go everyone - you can do it with the kids seeing as it is the summer holidays and the predicted storms may keep you indoors. (see, so glad we aren't having an open air concert to organise with such unpredictable weather!)